Aerospace Futures 2019 Bid Application [Extended to July 8]
Occurring across state capitals annually, the Aerospace Futures conference is an important event in the Australian aerospace industry calendar. To this date, the event has been an immense success with a total of 1000 delegates and 80 organisations involved. The event will attract a wide variety of prestigious industry speakers to the host city.
The event is focused towards undergraduates, postgraduates and young professionals from across Australia and New Zealand. With strong support from government, industry and academia, we are seeking an ambitious and highly motivated group of volunteers to form a proposal to host the 9th Aerospace Futures conference in 2019.
The organisation of Aerospace Futures is a demanding but highly rewarding experience. It requires the team’s full dedication to succeed but gives the organisers face-to-face exposure with respected industry contacts. Hosting the event gives invaluable teamwork, planning and leadership experience. Previous conference chairs now work at a large variety of companies within the sector, using the event as an example of what they are capable of achieving.
Deadline for Application: 8 July 2018
Preparing Your Bid
The call is open to any students from an Australian university from any state or territory within Australia.
In your bid, please explain why the suggested city would be the perfect place for the 9th Aerospace Futures conference. Please provide information about the following items in your proposal:
- Suggested date in the Australian universities winter break (middle of July)
- Venues for both the conference and social evenings (cost, capacity)
- Location (travel, accommodation)
- Estimated budget
- Possible local sponsors for the event
- Short bio (with date of birth) and headshot photo of the proposed committee. At a minimum, the Conference Chair and Conference Vice-Chair. Ideally the senior leadership team (Treasurer, Secretary, Chair, and Vice-Chair)
The following items are not necessary but highly desirable:
- Prior experience with organising events and with AYAA (either on a AYAA committee or attending an AYAA event)
- Letters of support for the bid from local organisations, universities, associations
- Suggested program for the Conference
- Suggested committee team structure and general timeline of activities
- Attendance at the 2018 Aerospace Futures conference
Please note that:
- The bid has to be submitted by AYAA State Representatives. If you wish to propose the event, please reach out to your AYAA State Representatives to prepare the proposal (email@example.com)
- The maximum length of the proposal is 10 pages (appendices such as supporting letters and full Conference Chair and Conference Vice-Chair resumes do not count towards this page
- The Conference Chair and Conference Vice-Chair will work under the supervision of the AYAA Operations and Projects Manager, and will be advised by the AYAA National committee
- The Conference Chair and Conference Vice-Chair and some (not all) of the senior leadership team should be students located in studying in the host city. Other members of the committee can be from around Australia and from different Australian universities, however it is up to the Conference Chair to select their committee
- This is a volunteer position
- If the bid is accepted, the successful Conference Chair will receive a handover booklet for AYAA events and they will be asked to issue a Call for the Organising Team through the AYAA’s media channels
Submitting your proposal
To apply, please send an email with Subject [CITYNAME, 9th AEROSPACE FUTURES BID], together with your bid, addressed to the AYAA Operations and Projects Manager.
All applications must be emailed to the AYAA Operations and Projects Manager and the AYAA President and Vice-President
Conor MacDonald – AYAA Operations and Projects Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Edwin Anderson – AYAA President (email@example.com)
Brock Little – AYAA Vice-President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications open: 15 May 2018
Applications close: 8 July 2018
Review of bids and interviews: 9 July – 15 July 2018
Announcement of results: 19 July 2018 – Closing dinner of Aerospace Futures