Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology (DFEEST)
The Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology (DFEEST) is the South Australian Government’s key agency driving employment, skills development, research and technology in the State.
Working collaboratively to meet specific targets in South Australia’s Strategic Plan, our goal is to grow a vibrant economy and socially inclusive community by developing the State's workforce, skills base and lifelong learning opportunities, and by building the research and innovative capacity of South Australia.
We contribute to a strong and sustainable economic future for South Australia by providing services to:
- coordinate high quality public vocational education and training
- build skills through workforce planning and skills development programs
- increase the workforce development and planning culture in South Australian workplaces
- foster innovation through science and research
- promote and support digital and technology developments within business, industry and community sectors.